He's not gonna like that it's square...
Sapphire has blue skin and pale blue hair that covers up the upper half of her face, concealing any eyes. She is slightly taller than Ruby. She wears a floor-length dress that is dark blue on the top with a blue skirt with white puffed sleeves and a sky blue pinafore worn over the top. The skirt has several frilly layers which can be seen while she runs, and when viewed from below, her dress resembles an open geode. She also wears long white gloves. Her lips and facial structure resemble Garnet's.
Not much is known about Sapphire's personality at this time, but it is very clear that she is very compassionate and level-headed. She seems to balance out Ruby's more impulsive personality when they're fused as Garnet. She's shown to hold some intelligence, as she came to the conclusion that Steven was immune to the force field due to his half-human side almost immediately.
Like all gems, Sapphire can shape-shift, fuse, summon a weapon, and retreat to her gemstone to regenerate. Sapphire can fuse with Ruby to form Garnet.
She is also involved in the fusions Sugilite and Alexandrite, although it is not known if she and Ruby have to be fused first for those two to come out the same.
- Super Speed: Despite her long dress, she can travel at a high speed, an ability unmatched by any other Gem.
- Future Vision: As confirmed by the creators, Ruby does not have future vision. This heavily implies that Sapphire has this ability, this is also supported by the fact that she was able to find Ruby in a matter of seconds. It revealed she does indeed have Future Vision in "Keystone Motel" when it made her act very emotionless to her and Ruby's argument as she knew it would be solved.
She and Ruby hold a romantic relationship, with Sapphire giving a kiss onto Ruby's face when they were reunited. This has also been confirmed by one of the storyboard artists, Joe Johnston. Garnet's dialogue in "Love Letters" reveals that their relationship developed over a period of time.
Memories of Steven that come from Garnet remain with Sapphire, as she was able to recognize him and the reason behind his ability to open her cell very quickly in "Jail Break." Garnet's intent was to introduce Ruby and Sapphire to Steven on his birthday. She, as with Ruby, cares for Steven greatly, and when Steven asked if he made a good first impression, Garnet assured him that both Ruby and Sapphire had already loved him.
Pearl and Amethyst have been aware of Garnet being a fusion for several millennia. Their reception of the two while separated remains unknown.
- She is known to sing, as displayed in "Jail Break".
- The song that she sings from her jail cell, has the same melody as Garnet's song, "Stronger Than You" and her and Ruby's duet from "The Answer", "Someone Entirely New"
- It was confirmed in "Keystone Motel" that Sapphire has one eye.
- Sapphire does appear to have legs, as depicted in artwork by the show's creator.
- Sapphire, along with Ruby, do not have stars on their outfits.
- They also don't have diamonds on their outfits.
- It was implied in "Love Letters" that her and Ruby's relationship was a gradual building up over-time.
Learn more about the sapphire gemstone here.
- Sapphire is the birthstone for those who are born in September. As for the zodiac, it is regarded as the stone for Taurus.
- Sapphire is typically very durable, and considered to be one of the hardest materials on earth.
- Sapphire is a gemstone associated with clairvoyance, foreknowledge and wisdom, attributes that fit in perfectly with her and Garnet's ability of precognition.
- Throughout history, sapphire has symbolized truth, sincerity and loyalty.
- Sapphire is a member of the corundum family and is closely related to ruby; the red to pink-red gem-quality variety of corundum.
- Sapphire and lapis lazuli were also called 'blue stone'.
|Sapphire's gemstone is located on the palm of her right hand, featuring a triangular facet. As seen in "The Return"/"Jail Break", the front and back are symmetrical, and it has a light blue ring around it, which is usually hidden inside her body unless she's regenerating. It is an octahedron, specifically a truncated trigonal dipyramid.|